NEAR protocol has managed to close substantial funding round from top cryptocurrency investors in preparation for a further DeFi-oriented advance.
- NEAR Protocol has closed $150 million in funding from high-profile investors, reported CoinDesk.
- Some of the names include Alameda Research, Su Zhu’s Three Arrows Capital, Dragonfly Capital, Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), and others.
- The funding reportedly happened through a private token sale. It was completed in two weeks which is indicative of the high interest in the protocol.
- Speaking on the matter was Ashwin Ramachandran – a General Partner at Dragonfly, who said:
Near has done a great job from a technology standpoint, and we want to help them achieve a level of developer, user, ecosystem adoption which reflects their current level of technology innovation.
- The price at which the token sale happened was not disclosed.
- Yet, after news broke out, NEAR’s price skyrocketed, and it currently eyes $20.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 25% off trading fees.
You Might Also Like:
Liquidity Management Protocol Visor Gets Hacked, Price Plummets 95%
Injective Protocol Mainnet Goes Live, Launches $120M DeFi Incentive Program
Bancor Protocol Announces Features of Its Long-Awaited V3
Tags: Near Protocol (NEAR)