After admitting to making a mistake by expanding in the US instead of focusing on crypto services, the co-founder of N26 promised to release digital asset features to its multi-million user base by the end of 2021.
- Founded nearly a decade ago, N26 is a German online bank that expanded into the UK and the US in the past several years as its main goal was to target international clients.
- However, the co-founder and co-chief executive – Max Tayenthal – believes this strategy could have been a mistake.
- In a recent interview with the Financial Times, the executive regretted that his company missed out on the cryptocurrency market boom in the past few years.
- Now, though, N26 has changed its tune as it halted its UK operations last year and plans to close its US services in 2021.
“Should we have built trading and crypto instead of launching in the US? In hindsight, it might have been a smart idea.” – Tayenthal said.
- As such, N26 is currently developing cryptocurrency trading services and an equities brokerage platform, which should see the light of day by the end of 2021.
- Following the most recent fundraising fund worth more than $800 million, N26’s total valuation now exceeds $8 billion.
- N26’s main competitor in Europe – Revolut – launched crypto trading a few years ago and its valuation is almost three times higher than the German company.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 25% off trading fees.
You Might Also Like:
Two More German Banks Planning Crypto Services Following Sparkasse
German Savings Banks Association May Offer A Crypto Wallet in 2022
Deutsche Börse Acquires a Majority Stake in Crypto Finance Group