Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) – one of the most popular NFT collections in existence – has reached $1 billion on sales on OpenSea’s marketplace.
- According to on-site statistics, the collection has generated an all-time trading volume of 298 265k ETH. WIth ETH trading at about $3,800 at the time of writing, that’s effectively over $1.13B in Bored Ape sales.
- There are ten thousand Bored Apes available, distributed across about six thousand holders.
- Some apes have traded for fortunes, such as a Bored Ape #9055, which rapper Eminem recently bought for over $460k.
- Other celebrities have joined the club too, including NBA superstar Steph Curry for $180k
- The collection is the second most popular on OpenSea, dwarfed only by CryptoPunk’s 774k ETH sales. However, BAYC has seen greater trading volume than CryptoPunks over the past month.
- This number could theoretically be higher, given the number of people that have fat-fingered their sales. For example, one user accidentally sold a Bored Ape for just $3,000 rather than $300,000 last month.
- In September, a set of 101 BAYC NFTs sold from Sotheby’s for a combined total of $24 million.
- With its growing popularity, BAYC has also secured multiple partnerships with established brands, including Adidas.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 25% off trading fees.
You Might Also Like:
Eminem Buys a Bored Ape NFT for $462,000
While BAYC Spiked 35% in 90 Days, Other Popular NFT Collections Plunged in Value
NFT Flippening: Bored Ape Yacht Club Floor Price Higher Than CryptoPunks For the First Time
Tags: Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) Non-Fungible Token (NFT) OpenSea