While the recent plunge has put the crypto community into a state of panic, one HODLer is taking advantage. The third-largest Bitcoin whale just bought the dip, putting his stack over 121,000 BTC.
- On January 4th, the whale’s address added another 372 Bitcoin. The sum was purchased for $17,122,242.1 at the time.
- This was a follow-up to an even larger purchase from a day earlier, when he bought 456 Bitcoin for an average of $46,363 each.
- Bitcoin’s price plunged below $43k on January 5th, alongside stocks. This pushed market sentiment to lows it hasn’t seen since July.
- The whale reacted with yet another Bitcoin purchase at the time, absorbing another 172 coins for $7,793,488.82. That’s an average of $43 539 per coin.
- With over 121,396.57 Bitcoin, the whale’s holdings rival the infamous Microstrategy’s. According to a tweet from Michael Saylor on December 30th, his company currently owns 124,391 Bitcoin.
- According to on-chain analyst Will Clemente, the Bitcoin market is far more driven by such whale activity than it was this time last year.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 25% off trading fees.
You Might Also Like:
Third-Largest Whale Bought $99 Million Worth of BTC Below $60K
Bought The Dip: Third-Largest Bitcoin Whale Adds $13M Worth of BTC at $62K
Third-Largest Bitcoin Whale Buys Another $137M Worth of BTC at $50K
Tags: Bitcoin Bitcoin (BTC) Price Bitcoin Whales